Sunday, October 10, 2010

Questions on Chapter 2 of the project report

Today is the beginning of my weekend, (strangely I have Sunday and Monday off) and I'm really hoping to use my spare time to try and get Chapter 2 under my belt.

I was just wondering if anyone could clarify what the difference is between an aim and an objective. I have already discussed this with a few friends and my family and so far there are a couple of interpretations.

One interpretation is that an 'aim' is something that might not directly result from your project but something that it might contribute towards, for example......'I aim to help dancers all across the world find ways to cope with their psychological stress'.
The same people said that their interpretation of an 'objective' is something that might result directly from my project, for example.....'My objective is to increase my understanding of psychological stress so that I can advise the dancers in my theatre about it'

Another interpretation was that the aims were what might result directly from my project, and that the objectives were the things I would do to achieve the aims, for example......'My objective is to interview dancers in order to learn more about their personal experiences of psychological stress'

Anybody have any ideas?

I also wanted to quickly ask what the handbook means when it asks you to give a 'research statement'. Does this mean the title of your project?


Any thoughts or advice is welcome!

Thanks,

Laura

2 comments:

  1. I believe the research staement can be taken from the Rstatement that you produced in your project proposal.

    I was also confused with aims and objectives...whta you have written makes sense though.

    danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laura- looking forward to your next blog!!

    ReplyDelete