Thursday, May 5, 2011

Delicious – A social book marking application

Delicious is a social book marking site that enables users to share resources online. It works in the same way as a traditional favourites bar except on the internet, allowing you to share sites of particular interest as well as viewing other people’s bookmarked items. Although I did not find Delicious to be of great help to me during the BAPP course I acknowledge that there could have been benefits to using this program.

Firstly, Delicious enables the user to save and store bookmarks on any computer with an internet connection providing easy access to bookmarked items when away from home or their personal laptop. It also enables the user to share resources with an online community and allows them to discover other interesting sites that have been bookmarked by other users. Delicious also enables you to tag your bookmarks with either key words or a description to help you organise and easily find them again. Using this site could be particularly beneficial when wanting to share resources with anyone from work colleagues to friends or family and saves time from copying and pasting URL’s.

Personally I found that I did not feel the need to use this site as I felt more comfortable using either face book or my blog to share particular sources of interest with a network of people I had already built up. There were also many people that I wanted to share resources with that did not have delicious accounts. I am however, glad to have been introduced to Delicious as I am sure in the future it could become useful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment